[Elections] Stepping down (and stepping up)

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Wed Mar 1 08:19:23 UTC 2006

> From: Brent Vukmer
> I'll be stepping down from the Elections Team soon.
> I've appreciated the chance to lead this team, but don't have the
> commitment necessary to set aside the time for it.

Sorry to hear that, although it's not unexpected.  Thanks for the effort
you've put in to lead this team to its first, successful, election.  Are
you planning to stay as a team member?

> Ken Causey and I have asked Daniel whether he's willing to serve as
> team leader.  I'll let Daniel post his thoughts about it.  I think
> he's a good choice.

Just a dumb question.  We've just given the Squeak community a process
to allow it to select the people who will lead it.  That process was
agreed after considerable discussion.  We have the bootstrapping
question of how the elections team itself is constituted - who's in it,
who leads it.  Is this the most appropriate way of selecting the leader
of this team?

To be clear, I also think Daniel's a good choice.  I'm raising an
eyebrow at the selection process, not its conclusion.

		- Peter