[Elections] Stepping down (and stepping up)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Mar 1 10:57:43 UTC 2006

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> Peter Crowther wrote:
>
> >>Ken Causey and I have asked Daniel whether he's willing to serve as
> >>team leader.  I'll let Daniel post his thoughts about it.  I think
> >>he's a good choice.
> >>

> >Just a dumb question.  We've just given the Squeak community a process
> >to allow it to select the people who will lead it.  That process was
> >agreed after considerable discussion.  We have the bootstrapping
> >question of how the elections team itself is constituted - who's in it,
> >who leads it.  Is this the most appropriate way of selecting the leader
> >of this team?
> >

> I don't think its a dumb question at all. Do we have any candidates from
> within the team? If other candidates present themselves, I certainly
> don't mind having a CIVS election for the role.

I also agree that the question is not "dumb", especially not for this
particular team given its nature - but do recall that the current Team
model says that the assignment of team leaders is formally done by the
board: http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/

IMHO it is one of the most important jobs of the board and having a
general election mechanism for that seems to me.... not optimal.

regards, Göran