[Elections] Welcome New Elections Leader - Time to organize

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Jan 31 01:55:54 UTC 2008

Hi Göran and the Elections Team,

Well I do hope that the resounding silence doesn’t put you off any.  A big
welcome Göran from me as our new leader!  And welcome everyone to a new
squeak election.  We had a very difficult time last year getting anyone to
discuss anything about the election.  I have to say I did expect more
reaction to the change.

I suppose it is time to come up with a schedule.  Last year we decided to
have a nomination period, a campaigning period and then a voting period.  We
have been asked to extend the voting period of 3 days because some people
didn't check their email before voting closed.

Also we had a very difficult time getting people to step up and nominate
themselves for the board.  The period between nominations and voting was
almost completely silent except for my attempt to get candidates to answer
questions; I would consider that effort to not be worth the time.  Some
never answered any questions.  And very few questions were submitted by the
community.

So I guess my suggestion would be a longer nomination period and voting
period and a shorter campaigning period.  But overall it would be nice if we
could still wrap it all up in just over a month.

What do you think?

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member