[etoys-dev] code for squeakfest RC

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Aug 5 02:34:07 EDT 2009

We're in the final few days of zeroing in on a Squeak Etoys release-
candidate for distribution and use at next week's Squeakfest in Los
Angeles.

Here are nine JIRA tickets which have fileouts pending that purport to
fix various issues.

All of these are either *important* (SQ-99, SQ-243, SQ-274, SQ-288) or
desirable-and-low-risk (the rest).

I am proposing that all nine of these are worthy of consideration for
the release, and would like to appeal for help in testing them, with
an eye to pushing them to the etoys-dev update stream on Thursday.

Please report any adverse experiences with any of these, as well as
any successful experiences.

To help us test these, look at the JIRA tickets, and download,
install, and try out the latest fileout in each such ticket (in an up-
to-date etoys-dev image):

Improve Patch Tool
ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-99
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13652/grabPatch-kfr.5.cs.gz

Keep a current project
ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-238
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13584/saveProjectButton-sw.1.cs.gz

Pasting issues on Mac
ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-243
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13582/macClipFix-bf.2.cs

Collapse halo moves smaller sketch over toolbar
ticket: http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-252
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13457/sketchThumbLoc-sw.4.cs.gz

Embed screenshot in zipped PR
ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-274
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13590/thumbnailInsideZip-sw.3.cs.gz

Use a checkbox to govern full-screen/non-full-screen
ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-281
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13663/fullScreenCheckbox-sw.5.cs.gz

Harmonize 'grab object', 'reveal object', and 'tile for object' menu
items
ticket: http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-286
fix:  http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13660/revealAndGrab-sw.5.cs.gz

Fix colors of lexicon and instance-browser tools
ticket: http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-287
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13661/lexiFix-sw.4.cs.gz

Make-sibling of object with ticking script which calls 'look like'
generates error
ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-288
fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13662/lookLikeBug-sw.1.cs.gz

If you choose to download fileouts manually from JIRA, rather than
using the "fix" url's provided above, be careful to get the correct
version of the fix, which often is not the last attachment listed by
JIRA...

Thanks to all who can find time to help testing these.

  -- Scott