[etoys-dev] code for squeakfest RC

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Aug 7 14:34:04 EDT 2009

At Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:34:07 -0700,
Scott Wallace wrote:

> We're in the final few days of zeroing in on a Squeak Etoys release-
> candidate for distribution and use at next week's Squeakfest in Los
> Angeles.

  Let us push changes that are appropriate to the update stream.  And
then I can also build a "beta" installer with them.

> All of these are either *important* (SQ-99, SQ-243, SQ-274, SQ-288) or
> desirable-and-low-risk (the rest).
>
> I am proposing that all nine of these are worthy of consideration for
> the release, and would like to appeal for help in testing them, with
> an eye to pushing them to the etoys-dev update stream on Thursday.
>
> Please report any adverse experiences with any of these, as well as
> any successful experiences.
>
> To help us test these, look at the JIRA tickets, and download,
> install, and try out the latest fileout in each such ticket (in an up-
> to-date etoys-dev image):
>
> Improve Patch Tool
> ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-99
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13652/grabPatch-kfr.5.cs.gz

  So many iteration went through with it and I can't keep track of the
subtleties but the version seems to be good.  A ticking object keeps
moving, so that is good.

> Keep a current project
> ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-238
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13584/saveProjectButton-sw.1.cs.gz

  I assume that .2.cs.gz is the latest but should be fine except the
need for new translation.  We need to push them.

> Pasting issues on Mac
> ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-243
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13582/macClipFix-bf.2.cs

  Should be pushed.

> Collapse halo moves smaller sketch over toolbar
> ticket: http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-252
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13457/sketchThumbLoc-sw.4.cs.gz

  Should be pushed.

> Embed screenshot in zipped PR
> ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-274
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13590/thumbnailInsideZip-sw.3.cs.gz

  Should be ok.  Can't remember that #forceNewFileNamed: had some
issues in some circumstances, but in this case it is ok.

> Use a checkbox to govern full-screen/non-full-screen
> ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-281
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13663/fullScreenCheckbox-sw.5.cs.gz

  I still have a bit of reservation but it is ok at this moment.

> Harmonize 'grab object', 'reveal object', and 'tile for object' menu
> items
> ticket: http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-286
> fix:  http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13660/revealAndGrab-sw.5.cs.gz

  Good.

> Fix colors of lexicon and instance-browser tools
> ticket: http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-287
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13661/lexiFix-sw.4.cs.gz

  Heh heh, it doesn't hurt.

> Make-sibling of object with ticking script which calls 'look like'
> generates error
> ticket:	http://jira.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-288
> fix:	http://jira.immuexa.com/secure/attachment/13662/lookLikeBug-sw.1.cs.gz

  This one is a bit tricky.  It used to be able to say

  aRectangle look like aText

and the rectangle changed it apperance.  With this patch, you can't do
it anymore.

  Another issue I can add here is SQ-291.  It should get in, I think.

-- Yoshiki