[etoys-dev] jira re-arrangement

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 25 14:52:00 EDT 2009

Tim,

On 25.08.2009, at 00:30, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 24.08.2009, at 23:56, Timothy Falconer wrote:
>
>>> Hmm, putting the change to the update stream is so far limited to
>>> certain users.  (And "works for me" just by somebody often is not
>>> the
>>> right reason to "Close" an item.)
>>
>> I think my initial process page said that software team members
>> verify and push to the stream (#13):
>
> you meant #14?
>
>> http://confluence.immuexa.com/display/sq/Process
>>
>> Priorities and code review are the primary function of the software
>> team.
>

> We should clarify how to "submit code" in step #12.
>
> Also, when resolving in step 12, I guess the resolution should be
> "ongoing"? The options are Complete, Reject, Duplicate, Unclear,
> Cannot Reproduce, Ongoing, Test Passed, Test Failed. So "ongoing"
> would mean "ready for testing"?
>
> And in step 14, how do we mark a closed issue that is not yet put to
> the update stream"? Or should rather the tester change the
> resolution to "test passed", and the developer who pushes an update
> to the stream closes the issue?
>
> As for the other resolutions, who is going to close these issues,
> and when?
>
> - Bert -

Maybe I need to rephrase?

We need a JIRA view showing all issues that got a fix attached and are
ready for testing.

And we need a JIRA view showing all issues that were tested and got
approved but are not yet pushed to the update stream.

Setting the resolution to "ongoing" as I mused above seems to go
against the system. I'm not sure how the "test failed" and "test
passed" resolutions fit in.

And something else:

The Roadmap view is quite nice, but it mixes the "resolved" and
"closed" issues. Can we change it to put closed ones last? Also, can I
restrict it to show just etoys tickets?