[etoys-dev] popups in project-info

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Mon Aug 31 10:17:15 EDT 2009

On Aug 8, 2009, at 4:45 PM, <kharness at illinois.edu> <kharness at illinois.edu
 > wrote:

> Bert,
> Will the above 18 label carry connotations of the movie ratings:
> adult content? These ratings may not be in use world wide, I don't
> know.
> I think age is adding an unnecessary and complicating bit of
> information.
> Kathleen

I really do think "target age" is useful, particularly as we try to
convince teachers to use Etoys in the classroom . . . any time we can
save them as they look for relevant examples will help increase Etoys
usage.

Also, ranking will be a factor here as well.  The education team will
rank projects in the featured section, so the exceptional projects can
stand out.   Being able to see the best projects for ages 8 to 12 is
very useful.

Tim