[etoys-dev] Etoys 4.0.2258 beta

kharness at illinois.edu kharness at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 31 10:07:29 EDT 2009

HI Bert,
I just tried the new download and noticed a couple of problems, but
maybe they are features, I can't tell anymore. I am out of touch with
the amount of change.

Object Catalog: in 't' for text the space is not enough for the bottom
line of objects
Paint tool: when the clean edge tools are being used, it is possible
to click and drag and move the paint scrim, this was very unexpected
and I think many children will do this by accident and think it is
broken. It certainly felt odd to me.

A month or so ago I asked Tim if the Help-update-code-from-server
(accessed via alt-shift-w) access be re-instituted. I think it will
help people like me who are not developers but who do use Etoys with
children who in turn do unexpected things with the tools provided. We
may help identify problems earlier in the process than this. Is that
pipeline going to be reopened?
Regards,
Kathleen