[etoys-dev] welcome to etoys-dev

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 04:49:53 EDT 2009

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> At Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:22:41 +0700,
> Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>> I don't understand why you want to sync the forum with the etoys-dev
>> mailing-list.
>> etoys-dev is mainly for developers and they know how to subscribe to
>> mailing-lists.
>
>   That may be true...  But there may be a young talent somewhere out
> there who can write code but happens to only know about web forums.

Of course one might argue that this would be an excellent point in time
to educate such talent about the value of mailing lists ;-) In
particular considering the amount of spam the forum seems to attract it
must be a relief for anyone who is serious about Etoys/education to get
rid of the spam and engage in serious discussions.

I'll say though that I am surprised we're having so many problems when
many of the more heavily used forums (games etc) do not seem to have
equivalent issues. Are you *certain* these are humans and not just
exploits of the software version we are using? It seems to me that if
these are indeed humans, they'd spend more time on WoW forums
establishing a bit of a reputation before they go all out. At least that
is what I would do - the Etoys mailing list doesn't seem a significant
enough target to waste any actual bodies on...

Cheers,
   - Andreas