[etoys-dev] Re: [JIRA] Commented: (SQ-154) Make it simple to show and hide the toolbar

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Tue Jul 21 14:23:27 EDT 2009

I tried to follow Yoshiki's description, but failed to build an etoys
image. It might be good to fix the description like:

- Use laptop.org repository instead of installer's to test with the
  latest example projects.

- Make sure to run ReleaseBuilderSqueakland after moving the image
  next to the example projects.

1) fetch the SVN repository from
    svn+ssh://dev.laptop.org/var/www/etoys/svn/trunk/etoys or
    http://etoys.laptop.org/svn/trunk/etoys
2) download etoys 40 from http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-4.0.zip
3) unzip and open etoys-dev-4.0.image
4) set the Display size of the image to 800x600.
5) save that image to a safe place.
6) copy the image and changes to the directory where Gallery.*.pr is
   in the svn tree (Content/).
7) load code updates.
8) Open a workspace and type:
  ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new prepareReleaseImageForSqueakland.
  ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new buildInitialScreenForSqueakland.
  highlight the 2 lines above and perform do it (Alt-d)
9) save as etoys.image (open the desktop menu by Shift + Alt + w)

Above all, we wouldn't need 4) 5) 7) 8) if etoys-dev-4.0.image is
prepared as 800x600 and it has a workspace with necessary expression
to do it. I uploaded my etoys-dev-4.0.zip here.
http://tinlizzie.org/~takashi/etoys-dev-4.0.zip

Cheers,
- Takashi