Fonts (was Re: [etoys-dev] Wording in Clouds)

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Jul 30 10:26:01 EDT 2009

  Another "Andreas Magic" is going! And somebody must have a good idea
like objects so that you can keep the interface but change the
implementation on the fly.

  The interesting fonts for Japanese (on Windows) are in .ttc (True
Type Collection) not .ttf.  but it appears that TTFileDescription
doesn't support it ("yet", of course^^;).

  We have another font reader called TTCFontReader to support .ttc, so
TTFileDescription can do similar.  If I remember collectly, once you
get to a right offset for an element in the "collection", it is just
like ttf so it is fairly simple to extract one element.  It has a
concept of font set (similar to Squeak's m17n) and right now, it reads
both and make a font set.  But we could extract one of them and make a
TTCFont.

-- Yoshiki