Fonts (was Re: [etoys-dev] Wording in Clouds)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 30 21:14:04 EDT 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Well, "unusual" is a rather kind characterization of it ;)

All issue trackers suck. The thing that gets me with JIRA right now is
mostly that it looks unorganized (I dismissed the "Operations" section
entirely because it doesn't look like a menu with lots of extra text in
it and hidden away in the bottom left) and of course its evil use of
applets (thank you, but I do not want to wait 20 seconds for Java to
launch and eat half of my precious memory for the rest of the browser
session ;-)

Other than that it looks every bit as confusing as Bugzilla, Mantis or
Trac.
They just all suck.

> JIRA is a widely used professional bug tracker, and Immuexa is
> sponsoring and maintaining this instance for us. Most of us are still
> not comfortable with it though. I think Milan tried to document a bit of
> it here:
>
> http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/Development

That actually answered my question: "it is not clear how to create a new
bug without being logged in". Indeed. There just doesn't seem to be a way.

Cheers,
   - Andreas