[etoys-dev] Re: Help with EXECUTE QuickGuideGenerator

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 6 11:10:53 EST 2009

Thanks Sdenka, I already commented on the ticket:

	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-555

We still need a way to actually switch between languages, for now
there is only the single QuickGuides folder:

	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-60

There is indeed some "trouble" with the non-ASCII file names. They are
in latin1 I believe. How did you create the zip, and on what system?

But you do not have to re-upload them, I already did that. The
following is meant for the other developers ;)

The default unpacker on the Mac creates garbage:

	BooksMosaicos-Navegaci¢n.sexp.data.gz

The "unzip" command line tool creates escape sequences:

	BooksMosaicos-Navegaci%F3n.sexp.data.gz

With a small script I was able to rename them to utf-8:

	BooksMosaicos-Navegación.sexp.data.gz

But I'm not sure this will work across platforms? Maybe we should use
utf-8 quoting:

	BooksMosaicos-Navegaci%C3%B3n.sexp.data.gz

I uploaded the renamed and quoted guides to the ticket.

Or maybe we do not want to use the file names for the displayed name
at all? Maybe we need a text file listing the titles and file names.
That might solve the order problem (currently #suggestedOrder is only
for English titles).

Currently, replacing the English guides with Sdenka's fails, because
#defaultOrderIn: does not deal with the case that none of the guides
in #suggestedOrder is found. Easy to fix but then the order is
basically random I guess.

Also, not sure about replacing / translating the index.

Would be good if someone could work on this, now that we have
translations we should make them available to kids.

- Bert -