[etoys-dev] Fwd: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 23 19:48:47 EST 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
> Date: 23. November 2009 22:57:01 MEZ
> To: devel at lists.laptop.org
> Subject: 1.5 software release schedule
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've updated Trac to add two more milestones:
>
> 1.5-software-beta  # due approximately Dec 1
> 1.5-software-final # due approximately Dec 14
>
> I'll be promoting Trac tickets from 1.5-software into
> 1.5-software-beta if they're targeted at the beta release, and
> likewise into -final for tickets to fix by our first release
> to production.
>
> The main areas still outstanding for the beta release are:
>
> * reliable hardware and kernel suspend/resume
> * turn on automatic suspend/resume
> * fix Xv support
> * get camera driver hooked up to Xv
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Chris.
> --
> Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
> One Laptop Per Child

As discussed in the dev meeting today we want to include Etoys 4 plus critical fixes in this XO build. The only fix after the 4.0 release is this so far:

	https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9709

The new 4.0.2337 rpm should work both on an "old" XO and on the new XO-1.5.

In particular the folks who got a 1.5 beta machine: Please test, and report back! Upgrade your machine to the latest firmware and OS, then install the Etoys rpm and XO bundle. Even saying all is fine is good, otherwise I'll have to assume nobody is testing.

Thanks!