[etoys-dev] Re: XO 1.5 software release schedule

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 27 06:30:43 EST 2009

On 24.11.2009, at 01:48, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> In particular the folks who got a 1.5 beta machine: Please test, and report back! Upgrade your machine to the latest firmware and OS, then install the Etoys rpm and XO bundle. Even saying all is fine is good, otherwise I'll have to assume nobody is testing.

Really, nobody? OLPC gave us 1.5 beta machines specifically to make sure Etoys works. One each went to California, Canada, France, Sweden, and Germany, if I'm not misinformed.

At least Hilaire reported this problem:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-565

which Yoshiki fixed, and I fixed these:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-600
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-604

We'd need to decide if we want these fixes in or if they can wait. They need testing of course, and there may be other problems lurking.