[etoys-dev] together again

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Oct 2 05:33:45 EDT 2009

Hi folks!

Regarding a remerge of Squeak and Etoys:

1. I do note that this thread is only posted to etoys-dev and not
cross-posted to squeak-dev. Of course, checking first with the eToys
developers might be a smart move, but I can't help noting it.

2. Calling some Squeak developers "eToys haters" is not an inclusive
approach. I don't think there are any real "haters", but I *do* think a
large number of Squeakers want the "base platform" to not be "polluted"
by eToys specific stuff.

I really like eToys but I have not looked deeply at its implementation
and what a "merge" entails. I think a majority of Squeak-dev would like
a merge... *IF* it means keeping eToys a separate layer/entity that can
load on top of the base.

regards, Göran