[etoys-dev] What prevent latest Etoys working with latest Sugar release ?

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch
Tue Oct 27 15:57:44 EDT 2009

2009/10/27 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:

> No. These OS updates are under development. The latest stable release by
> OLPC is still 8.2.1.
>
> Regarding your original subject line, there is *nothing* I know that would
> prevent the latest Etoys to work with the latest Sugar. The latest Etoys
> also works with the old Sugar as already installed on the XOs.

Yes, that's what I need to know.
Just to be sure, can I just replace the .image .changes file in the XO
with newer ones based from Etoys4?

Do I need to update the VM as well, or does the one in the XO still
fine with newer Etoys?

> But you would have to upgrade Etoys yourself, same procedure as ever:

Yes, in all case I have to do that, as I need to ship DrGeo code as well.

To share projects among XO laptop, I think I will have to use a wifi
access point and a third party laptop providing FTP or Superswiki2
access. It is really ridiculous mesh network is of no help to share
files.

Thanks for the info. and tips.

Hilaire