[etoys-dev] What prevent latest Etoys working with latest Sugar release ?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 27 16:17:20 EDT 2009

On 27.10.2009, at 15:57, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> 2009/10/27 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
>
>> No. These OS updates are under development. The latest stable
>> release by
>> OLPC is still 8.2.1.
>>
>> Regarding your original subject line, there is *nothing* I know
>> that would
>> prevent the latest Etoys to work with the latest Sugar. The latest
>> Etoys
>> also works with the old Sugar as already installed on the XOs.
>
> Yes, that's what I need to know.
> Just to be sure, can I just replace the .image .changes file in the XO
> with newer ones based from Etoys4?

This should work I think but I'd recommend to install the latest RPM.
That way you get all the additional files too, like translations,
fixed example projects, help guides etc:

> Do I need to update the VM as well, or does the one in the XO still
> fine with newer Etoys?

Should work fine, but again I'd recommend updating to the latest RPM.
There is a reason we release updated VMs too ;)

>> But you would have to upgrade Etoys yourself, same procedure as ever:
>
> Yes, in all case I have to do that, as I need to ship DrGeo code as
> well.
>
> To share projects among XO laptop, I think I will have to use a wifi
> access point and a third party laptop providing FTP or Superswiki2
> access. It is really ridiculous mesh network is of no help to share
> files.
>
> Thanks for the info. and tips.
>
> Hilaire

No problem :)