[etoys-dev] Suggestion to add in the download page

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch
Sun Oct 25 05:07:20 EDT 2009

I guess we want to also make clear how to fetch the source code of
Etoys, so community may be easily capable to produce relevant
packaging for Linux distro. I think it is important to clearly
indicated where are the source codes.

Here is a small suggestion to add in the Download page:

==
<h2>Etoys source code</h2>

specific to each architecture and Smalltalk source code independent of
the host architecture. The source code is naturally spanned in these
two elements:</p>
<ul>
 <li><a href="http://www.squeakvm.org">The Squeak Virtual machine
source code, written in C</a></li>
 <li>The <a href="http://etoys.laptop.org/svn/trunk/">Smalltalk source
code</a> composed of two files:
  <ul>
primary source code file above</li>
   </ul>
These source codes compile as a Smalltalk binary, <b>etoys.image</b>.
Although these source codes files are huge, there is no other  source
code file. These files can be edited from any text editor, but they
are best viewed and edited from Etoys itself when opening a code
browser ([Ctrl]+[b]).</li>
</ul>

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire