[etoys-dev] remove the free-standing .gif?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Sep 1 19:50:58 EDT 2009

At Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:45:57 -0700,
Scott Wallace wrote:

> So, this is a call for help.  Who among our readership uses, or knows
> about, superswikis?

  Apparently, the image distributed from the Japanese site has default
setting to use http://squeakland.jp/super and they get a few
submissions per week or so.

  But since they also have http://squeakland.jp/super2 that uses
SuperSwiki2, and Umezawa-san is already getting ready to work on the
png support, we don't have to be concerned about upsetting the old
super swiki server there.

> (1)  It's important to check how existing superswikis contend with
> projects saved to them using an image that has the ticket's fileout
> loaded (thus *not* creating a .gif).  Is there anyone out there who
> uses an active superswiki and who can test this?  (What about the
> Etoys/Illinois mechanism for putting projects on their site -- do
> *they* rely on the .gif?)

  I probably can run it on my computer and see what happens.

  Kathleen, having a self-contained one file has advantage so we think
it is generally a good idea to move toward this direction.  It would
be nice if Michael McKelvey can add a few lines to his code so that
both cases will be supported.

-- Yoshiki