[etoys-dev] logging into showcase from etoys

kharness at illinois.edu kharness at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 4 19:37:10 EDT 2009

Hi,
Is this logging-into-showcase-from-etoys the set of steps and information any casual user must take before they can upload a project to the showcase? Do you expect children to do this?

I am concerned about the amount of information asked for that includes first and last names and email address and the open-ended "tell us about yourself". If this process is for adults, ignore the rest of this note.

If this process is for children, the site's request for information should consider the age of the child and the child's privacy and safety. And, further what will be done to make sure this information remains private?

My concern is that Squeakland should not be a venue through which young children can be found and/or exploited by contact with strangers through the site. I do not allow my students to include information that would allow unknown people in the general public to identify them. Perhaps mine is excessive concern but years of working with students has taught me to be very careful.
Regards,
Kathleen