[etoys-dev] logging into showcase from etoys

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Sep 5 15:49:17 EDT 2009

At Fri,  4 Sep 2009 18:37:10 -0500 (CDT),
<kharness at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is this logging-into-showcase-from-etoys the set of steps and
> information any casual user must take before they can upload a
> project to the showcase? Do you expect children to do this?

  As Tim wrote, many fields are optional.  But an accnount should be a
requirement to upload a project to a world visible server.

  But as I wrote on a ticket on JIRA, this sign up process involves a
lot of interaction such as when the new user tries to use a
already-taken name, etc.  Tim sometime ago suggested to launch a
browser or at least show the URL of the registration page.  We
probably pursue that direction.

-- Yoshiki