[etoys-dev] logging into showcase from etoys

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Sep 7 19:06:26 EDT 2009

At Mon, 7 Sep 2009 14:45:37 -0400,
Timothy Falconer wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2009, at 3:49 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>
> > At Fri,  4 Sep 2009 18:37:10 -0500 (CDT),
> > <kharness at illinois.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >> Is this logging-into-showcase-from-etoys the set of steps and
> >> information any casual user must take before they can upload a
> >> project to the showcase? Do you expect children to do this?
> >
> >  As Tim wrote, many fields are optional.  But an accnount should be a
> > requirement to upload a project to a world visible server.
> >
> >  But as I wrote on a ticket on JIRA, this sign up process involves a
> > lot of interaction such as when the new user tries to use a
> > already-taken name, etc.  Tim sometime ago suggested to launch a
> > browser or at least show the URL of the registration page.  We
> > probably pursue that direction.
>
> The signup procedure I put in JIRA already checks for an already-taken
> name.
>
> We have other client software that signs up in an identical manner.
> It's really just a matter of rewriting that code.

  Are you talking about the Java code snippet at
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-326, or what JIRA does?  From
the code snippet, I cannot tell what will happen when the user name is
already taken on the client side, and what to do.

  Pursueing the direction launching a browser is not what you like?

-- Yoshiki