[etoys-dev] logging into showcase from etoys

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Tue Sep 8 08:28:12 EDT 2009

>  Are you talking about the Java code snippet at
> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-326, or what JIRA does?  From
> the code snippet, I cannot tell what will happen when the user name is
> already taken on the client side, and what to do.
>
>  Pursueing the direction launching a browser is not what you like?
>
> -- Yoshiki

This is a simple HTML post, which either works or it doesn't (see code
for how to determine).

When it doesn't work show the signup dialog again, with "Please pick
another username" (either as an alert box before showing the signup
box, or as replacement text for the label at the top of the signup box.

If it does work, just show the login box, allowing them to login right
then.

We could launch a browser if you like (especially if the signup box
will take too much time).   Most apps that do this sort of thing allow
you to signup within the app, and I generally favor this when it
happens.

URL for signup is:   http://squeakland.org/action/accountAdd