[etoys-dev] etoys 4.0 code freeze

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Sep 10 19:22:14 EDT 2009

(un-cc'ing squeakland)

On 11.09.2009, at 00:56, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:24:21 -0400,
> Timothy Falconer wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a reminder . . .Etoys 4.0 code freeze is 7am GMT on Saturday
>> (midnight PT).
>>
>> The installers we create then will be "release candidates" for next
>> Wednesday's release.
>
>  From the JIRA tracker, what we can safely push are:
>
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-351
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-341
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-342

Great! yes push them.

> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-237

Still not happy with this one. But it's also no worse than before so I
won't object.

> And a large chunk of recent tickers are related to the undergoing
> showcase.  A version of client code should be pushed for further
> development (it doesn't necessarily work right now, but a good
> starting point).
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-325
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-326
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-352
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-353

Yes, push for wider testing.

> Similarly this one can be done for further integration:
>
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-354

I'll put the credits in the class comment and push.

> As the server side is being changed, this one is invalid.
>
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-339

Ah, I missed it works now, great!

> I'm not sure where we are on the grab patch:
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-267
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-328

Scott said he failed to make the feedback appear when the item is
dragged out. I don't think we should be putting these tools in the
prominent place of the supplies flap as long as this is not fixed.

> And I'm not sure whether a new thing is coming up for this or not:
> 	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-165

I'll work on it.

> There are patches uploaded, but the comments in this ticket standa and
> also subsequent changes to other places obsolete, and the original
> problem reported is fixed.
> http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-140

We should punt this.