[etoys-dev] Re: [sq-everyone] the great showcase debates

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:05:37 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-30 20:13, Timothy Falconer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This email's an attempt to summarize the various points that have been
> made regarding the showcase in recent months.  We're about to talk
> about at the education meet, but I'd like everyone's opinion since the
> showcase affects all of Squeakland, not just the education team.
>
> Currently the four sticking points are:
>
> 1) whether the "featured" and "everyone" sections should have
> different names, different looks, different rules, and different
> navigation
I think it ok as it is.

> 2) whether "everyone" projects should be ranked at all
Ranking is kind of hard. So many things to consider...

> 3) whether moderation (hiding a project due to inappropriate content)
> should be separate from ranking (giving points to projects to allow
> sorting)

Separate the two
Inappropriate should be a pretty clear cut kind of EULA you agree to
when you sign up to to get an account.

Some moderators should be allowed to do this, users should be able to
flag projects to notify moderators.

> 4) whether to show account levels with colored dots, and if so, how to
> calculate them
no opinion

Karl