[etoys-dev] GSoC - Progress on the graphing tools

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 17:06:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

As some of you may know, I've proposed myself as a student for the
"Squeakland Education Project" at this year Google Summer of Code.
You can find the project description here:
http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/squeakland-education.

Even though our project hasn't been accepted yet, I've been working already
in one of the items of the proposal: the graphing of data. For that purpose
I made a few tools that allow you to draw points and vectors in a cartesian
plane using the Etoys scripting system.
This is a work in progress and I need to clean a lot of stuff, but I wanted
to show you my progress so far. My mentors, Randall and Markus, have helped
me a lot to develop this stuff and, as Bert said, it would be good to show
this to the entire community.

You can find the source code at squeaksource:
http://www.squeaksource.com/GSoCSqueakland.html
and some example projects at: http://www.pcs.cnu.edu/~rcaton/ESUG/ESUG.html

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have to improve or
extend these projects.

Thanks in advance!
Richo