[etoys-dev] Preparing for Monticello-based updates

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 23:57:56 EDT 2010

Hi Bert -

Thanks for the instructions, I followed them and they work well. For
looking at the Flash issues this has been the first time that I've been
using an Etoys image in a while and I noticed some highly annoying
things that I thought I'd point out:

* Keyboard shortcuts. Some keyboard shortcuts seem completely broken on
Windows. At first I thought this is a VM issue but they don't work with
the the VM in the Etoys app either. Is there a way to fix that? Having
shortcuts like "implementors" not work makes working somewhere between
hard and impossible. Any ideas how to fix that?

* Scaling. As much as I understand the desire, is there a way to turn
off display scaling and the uber-large cursors? The fonts are simply too
hard on my eyes for continuous work.

* Image saving. At first I tried a "save as" but this complained about
not finding the sources/changes file afterwards. How come? Second,
saving the image produces a visible flashing which is for some reason
completely discomforting - it looks as if there was an error that the
system tried to inform me about by the flash.

Cheers,
   - Andreas