[etoys-dev] Preparing for Monticello-based updates

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Apr 25 22:56:40 EDT 2010

... which I just pushed to the new 4.1 update stream at etoys.squeak.org

* Evaluate this in a workspace to set the new update server (you need at least a 4.0.2336 image):
	HTTPSocket httpFileInNewChangeSet: 'etoys.squeak.org/updates/newUpdateStream-bf.cs'
* Then load updates. This will ask if you want to advance to 4.1, say yes. Load updates again
* This will take quite a while ...
* ... but eventually you should have an image with Monticello loaded :)

Heres a log of the changes:
http://squeakland.org/updates/

This includes the recategorization from trunk (huge 1 MB changeset) and an edited version of Karl's recategorization, ending up in a quite reasonable number of packages IMHO. Also, thanks to Eliot for porting the compiler changes!

The next step should be to create proper packages and commit them to the etoys repo. The will differ a bit from your initial ones, Karl. Do we want to try to merge yours or would it be simpler to start clean and just fix the underscores again?