[etoys-dev] Flash package in Etoys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 27 20:07:40 EDT 2010

On 27.04.2010, at 06:02, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi -
>
> As promised, here is an update regarding the Flash support in Etoys. I think the story is that there are *two* relevant packages in the 39a repository: There is a "BalloonMMFlash" package which is fairly close to the Etoys "Balloon-MMFlash" category. Looks like the hyphen got removed to make this a separate package. This is close enough to be a good potential ancestor. There is also a "Flash" package in the repository which I think was the version that I had produced for Croquet.
>
> My suggestion would be to do something a little weird:
> 1) Adopt the BalloonMMFlash package as ancestor, merge it[*].
> 2) Do an underscore replacement.
> 3) Rename the category to Flash and adopt the Flash package.
> 3) Merge that [*].
> 4) Publish the new version as basis for Etoys.
>
> [*] Merging in this context means to review the diff and to review all changes and ensure that modifications are correct.
>
> This serves the purpose of ensuring all changes that have taken place are in the Etoys version. If you would like me to do that, I can, but I don't know how you'd like to deal with the rename of the package in the process.
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Thanks for looking at it. I tried what you suggested and it is doable. However, at this point I don't really want to merge newer versions yet. I think we should package pretty much exactly what we have now, and do actual changes later.

So I pushed another recategorization to the updates stream that moves the Flash support into its own package as you suggested. This matches the newer versions quite well.