[etoys-dev] Flash package in Etoys

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 27 00:02:03 EDT 2010

Hi -

As promised, here is an update regarding the Flash support in Etoys. I
think the story is that there are *two* relevant packages in the 39a
repository: There is a "BalloonMMFlash" package which is fairly close to
the Etoys "Balloon-MMFlash" category. Looks like the hyphen got removed
to make this a separate package. This is close enough to be a good
potential ancestor. There is also a "Flash" package in the repository
which I think was the version that I had produced for Croquet.

My suggestion would be to do something a little weird:
1) Adopt the BalloonMMFlash package as ancestor, merge it[*].
2) Do an underscore replacement.
3) Rename the category to Flash and adopt the Flash package.
3) Merge that [*].
4) Publish the new version as basis for Etoys.

[*] Merging in this context means to review the diff and to review all
changes and ensure that modifications are correct.

This serves the purpose of ensuring all changes that have taken place
are in the Etoys version. If you would like me to do that, I can, but I
don't know how you'd like to deal with the rename of the package in the
process.

Cheers,
   - Andreas