[etoys-dev] SQ-94 - Flip and Tumble

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 17 06:32:04 EDT 2010

You still make it sound like the new flip tiles and the old rotation-style tile were somehow equivalent. They are not.

I agree, however, that having a tile to set the rotation style is not strictly necessary - because it it available as menu item. I am not sure why it was added in the first place. Perhaps because tiles are more discoverable than menu entries. I couldn't imagine using this tile in a script. But changing the rotation style in the viewer while an object is bouncing around the screen is enlightening (though the up-down style seems to be there just for completeness, have not found an application yet).

Anyway, independent of the new flip tiles: Do we want to hide the rotation-style tile?

- Bert -