[etoys-dev] new project icon in the NavBar

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Aug 27 05:35:10 EDT 2010

On 27.08.2010, at 04:35, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Friday 27 Aug 2010 1:51:24 am Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> If you use the thread navigator, the forward/backward buttons in the tool
>> bar become even less predictable than they are now. The forward button is
>> pretty much useless anyway.
> How about replacing the "New Project" with "Home" icon that takes one to Home
> screen. It could also open up a gallery dialog with buttons for new/load/save.
>
> I too found that kids got confused with the Prev/Fwd buttons. They are not
> intuitive.
>
> Subbu

I played with the Home button idea, and the "jump to project" menu, too ... the problem is it would mess up the forward and back buttons even more. Maybe if we removed those completely? But then, when you explore the project gallery you certainly want to have a back button.

Maybe someone has a good idea to be implemented for next year's release.

What I could do for this year's is add a preference to bring back the "new project" button. Would anyone be really happy about that?