[etoys-dev] Re: URL links within Etoys

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Thu Feb 11 00:46:40 EST 2010

Bert,

Thanks, I was able to get it to work by putting:

ScratchPlugin primOpenURL: 'http://squeakland.org/'

into a Text box, then <cmd-6> and "Do it"

Then I tried to put it into a script by opening an empty script and the
"show textual code" and placing " ScratchPlugin primOpenURL: '
http://squeakland.org/'  (Used my blog post URL instead)

When I clicked on the exclamation point to run it once, well, I wound up
improving my Google Analytics by 3,300% before I had to Force Quit Etoys to
stop it opening pages.  It seems it just kept opening the URL over and over.

I entered a ticket as you suggested, but how can I safely create a script to
open a URL in an external Web Browser?  A sample project would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen