[etoys-dev] Can we get Squeakland Website ready for Squeakfest?

Timothy Falconer teefal at waveplace.org
Thu Jul 22 16:15:17 EDT 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:

> I still get failures logging in from within Etoys (current account MrSteve and new test accounts created)

Looks like a case-sensitivity problem.  Usernames are all converted to lowercase.  The website allows you to use upper/lowercase when you log in (teefal, Teefal, TEEFAL).

With my own account, I can also use upper/lowercase when logging in from Etoys.   When I login as "MrSteve" in Etoys, it gives me a never-ending 500 Servlet Exception box, requiring a force quit.

I can log in with "mrsteve" fine from Etoys.  I'm perplexed by this.  Perhaps Etoys is doing something with the text field, expanding it somehow . . . "MrSteve" -> "Mr Steve"

Either way, we need to figure this out.  (logged as http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-735)

(I did confirm that this also happens with a new account "MrCrab" won't login from Etoys, but will login as "MrCrab" from website.

Tim