[etoys-dev] DrGeo artifact in Etoys inbox

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch
Fri Jun 4 01:50:35 EDT 2010

Korakurider a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Hilaire Fernandes
> <hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have pushed DrGeo artifact in Etoys Inbox. There are two packages
>> DrGeoII-Core and DrGeoII-Etoys to load in this order.
>>
>> Please check and report issues.
>>
>> To check for working translation, install in Etoys locale the DrGeoII.mo
>> files :
>> http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/istoa/trunk/artefacts/drgeo/locale/?rev=130
>
> Your original implementation has only one textdomain and PO/MO for DrGeoII.
> But the translation have to be divided to three (DrGeoII-Core,
> DrGeoII-Etoys and Etoys-Tiles) after it is integrated to Etoys as I
> wrote.
>
> By integrating it, natural course would be:
> + Etoys build process will generate DrGeoII-Core.pot, DrGeoII-Etoys.pot.
>   And Etoys-Tiles.pot will contains tile strings for DrGeoII.
>    Those will be generated from Etoys dev-image (DrGeoII installed).
>
> + Each language project of Etoys in SugarLab's Pootle will host
>   DrGeoII-Core.po, DrGeoII-Etoys.po.   Updates to POT above will be
> merged to them.
>   Result translation will be directly packaged to Etoys kit.
>
> + During integration we need to merge existing translation you have
> into the generated POs for Etoys.
> After that translation effort for DrGeoII in Etoys will be
> self-organized and disjoint from effort for Pharo version and ofset
> Pootle if we will go with the picture above as-is.
> Maybe some prior planning will be needed for better coordination...
>

> Is this ok for you?

Hum, I want translation to take place in only one file nammed DrGeoII.
as I can not afford duplicated effort. If you need to split ok, but I
want the localisation to be centralized in that DrGeoII.po files and
archived in DrGeo repository, so I can use it the DrGeoII polymorph
version as well.

It is ok to get tiles message integrated in Etoys-tiles if Etoys' i18n
can't do it differently.

Hilaire