[etoys-dev] DrGeo artifact in Etoys inbox

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 04:38:34 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Hilaire Fernandes
<hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch> wrote:
> Korakurider a écrit :
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Hilaire Fernandes
>> <hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have pushed DrGeo artifact in Etoys Inbox. There are two packages
>>> DrGeoII-Core and DrGeoII-Etoys to load in this order.
>>>
>>> Please check and report issues.
>>>
>>> To check for working translation, install in Etoys locale the DrGeoII.mo
>>> files :
>>> http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/istoa/trunk/artefacts/drgeo/locale/?rev=130
>>
>> Your original implementation has only one textdomain and PO/MO for
>> DrGeoII.
>> But the translation have to be divided to three (DrGeoII-Core,
>> DrGeoII-Etoys and Etoys-Tiles) after it is integrated to Etoys as I
>> wrote.
>>
>> By integrating it, natural course would be:
>> + Etoys build process will generate DrGeoII-Core.pot, DrGeoII-Etoys.pot.
>>  And Etoys-Tiles.pot will contains tile strings for DrGeoII.
>>   Those will be generated from Etoys dev-image (DrGeoII installed).
>>
>> + Each language project of Etoys in SugarLab's Pootle will host
>>  DrGeoII-Core.po, DrGeoII-Etoys.po.   Updates to POT above will be
>> merged to them.
>>  Result translation will be directly packaged to Etoys kit.
>>
>> + During integration we need to merge existing translation you have
>> into the generated POs for Etoys.
>> After that translation effort for DrGeoII in Etoys will be
>> self-organized and disjoint from effort for Pharo version and ofset
>> Pootle if we will go with the picture above as-is.
>> Maybe some prior planning will be needed for better coordination...
>>

>> Is this ok for you?
>
> Hum, I want translation to take place in only one file nammed DrGeoII. as I
> can not afford duplicated effort. If you need to split ok, but I want the
> localisation to be centralized in that DrGeoII.po files and archived in
> DrGeo repository, so I can use it the DrGeoII polymorph version as well.

  Are you saying that you will load DrGeoII-Core, and both
DrGeoII-Polymorph and DrGeoII-Etoys to Pharo image and generate one
big DrGeoII.pot ?
I thought Etoys had been unloaded from Pharo image and DrGeoII-Etoys
can't be loaded there...

Now I think we have a couple of options.  Comment welcome.

Options1:
    + People translate one big DrGeoII.po on ofset Pootle.
    + Etoys manage to pull the DrGeoII.po and merge to DrGeoII-Core.po
and DrGeoII-Etoys.po.

Options2: (Assumption:  Strings covered in DrGeoII-Etoys.pot and
DrGeoII-Polymorph.pot are same)
    + People translate DrGeoII-Core.po and DrGeoII-Etoys.po on SugarLabs Pootle.
    + You manage to pull and merge both POs to DrGeoII.po.

Both solution set assumptions that there will be no difference between
Etoys repo and Pharo repo in standpoint of translatable strings in
code.
If this is wrong, it might be inevitable to duplicate the effort
unfortunately...

/Korakurider