[etoys-dev] Re: Etoys new fonts

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:40:28 EDT 2010

Hi, I managed to use the new fonts depending on the locale selected.
To test it, update your image, extract the new fonts into the fonts
directory (you can download them from
http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/gsoc/new-etoys-fonts.zip), execute:

TTFileDescription
installFamilyNamed: 'Mona';
installFamilyNamed: 'UnBatang';
installFamilyNamed: 'UnDotum';
 installFamilyNamed: 'DejaVu LGC Sans';
installFamilyNamed: 'DejaVu LGC Serif';
installFamilyNamed: 'DejaVu LGC Sans Mono'.

and then execute:

TTCFont registerAll.
latinFont := TTCFont familyName: 'DejaVu LGC Sans' pointSize: 15 emphasis:
0.
japaneseFont := TTCFont familyName: 'Mona' pointSize: 15 emphasis: 0.
koreanFont := TTCFont familyName: 'UnDotum' pointSize: 16 emphasis: 0.
newFontArray := Array new: 14.
newFontArray at: 1 put: latinFont.
newFontArray at: 6 put: japaneseFont.
newFontArray at: 8 put: koreanFont.
newFontSet := TTCFontSet newFontArray: newFontArray.
TextStyle defaultFont fallbackFont: newFontSet.
Preferences standardEToysFont fallbackFont: newFontSet.

Now when you change your locale to japanese or korean it will use the new
ttf files.
We should now decide which fonts to include for chinese, greek, arabian,
russian, and so on.

Cheers
Richo