[etoys-dev] Etoys developer chat log

Derek O'Connell doc at doconnel.f9.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 05:18:20 EDT 2010

Sorry I missed this weeks mtg. I hope to put spend some more time on
WebCamMorph this weekend...

> * also camera support hopefully, need to simplify interface
>

> <bertf>  karlram: the current one has too many controls. we should put in just the bare minimum and then see what people find missing
> <bertf>  but having camera support on all platforms would be awesome
> <karlram>  Sounds good
> <karlram>  Many of the controls are a bit hard to understand :-)

Last weekend I added help text to both the SqueakSource wiki and in the
class comments. If these are not enough then let me know.

WebCamMorph started off as a simple demo of how to use CameraPlugin
class and any further development was really just me satisfying my own
curiosity. If it does not satisfy Etoys educational needs then feel free
to chop it up as you see fit. Alternatively give me a clear idea of just
how simple you want it and I will see what I can do. The simplest
version I can think of is no control over resolution/fps/etc and just a
single "capture" command (including display update). To me this seems
too simply though because we are dealing with a video camera and not a
common digital camera used to take snapshots. The two have different
purposes and work differently as a consequence and the current controls
in WebCamMorph are simply a reflection of that.

-D