[etoys-dev] Packaging Etoys

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:31:22 EST 2010

Bert Freudenberg skrev 2010-03-01 23:56:
> On 01.03.2010, at 23:42, Karl Ramberg wrote:
>
>> Bert Freudenberg skrev 2010-03-01 18:23:
>>
>>> It's a non-issue for us. We just need to re-categorize everything before creating the first "real" Monticello packages. That was the original plan anyway, not sure what the issue at hand is?
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>>>

>> I guess we get a problem if run update stream and refer to methods in now changed categories. It would be nice to detect those on fileIn and put them where they should be.
>>
>> Karl
>>
> What do you mean by "run update stream"?
>
> - Bert -

If we run  Etoys updates like we used to, with change sets posted to a
update server. Specially if the change sets where produced in a not
packaged image, method categories could have changed names and would
possibly cause trouble. If we could specify which package a method /
class from a change set would be loaded to on file in we could avoid
some of those issues.

I am not sure these are valid concerns, I'm not that used to Monticello

karl