[etoys-dev] Re: Need for translation in DrGeo

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue May 18 02:15:03 EDT 2010

Am 17.05.2010 um 22:59 schrieb Hilaire Fernandes:

> 2010/5/18 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>
>> > How about walking through DrGeoII's situation describe in
>> > http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2010-May/004768.html
>> > for test case?
>> > (Here "multiple domains" condition has to be relaxed ;)
>> >
>> > + I think we want strings in vocaburary for DrGeoII belong to not
>> > Etoys-tile but DrGeoII domain.  (GetTextExporter2>>appendVocabularies:
>> > has to be tweaked)
>>
>> Why? It is becoming part of Etoys. Its tiles should be translated along with the other tiles.
>>
> In term of development model, I want DrGeoII to be regarded as a loadable package in Etoys, then shipped in Etoys at delivery time.

Once you submit it, DrGeoII will become part of the Etoys image. Just like the rest of Etoys is now maintained as separate packages, it will remain in its own package. But if necessary, we will add fixes and improvements. You can of course merge these back into your version, and you also can contribute newer versions of DrGeoII to Etoys. In fact, I hope you will :)