[etoys-dev] Etoys: GetText-Richo.1.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 24 09:25:51 EDT 2010

On 24.05.2010, at 08:40, Korakurider wrote:

> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> A new version of GetText was added to project Etoys:
>> http://source.squeak.org/etoys/GetText-Richo.1.mcz

>> Name: GetText-Richo.1
>> Author: Richo
>> Time: 22 May 2010, 4:28:05 pm
>> UUID: 1e89ed45-cf0d-8b4e-a1cd-675553957717
>> Ancestors:
>>
>> * I moved all the translation stuff into this package following Hilaire's project for Pharo.
>
> I think moving even core i18n classes to GetText package is overkill
> and make it difficult to apply the package to trunk image.
> I think following classes should be under original category
> (System-Localization)
>  ISOLanguageDefinition
>  Locale
>  LocaleID
>  NaturalLanguageFormTranslator
>  NaturalLangaugeTranslator
>  InternalTranslator

Agreed. I just moved them back. Also issued a couple outstanding updates to the stream, like installing David's low-space watcher:

http://squeakland.org/updates/

(wish there were email commit-notices for updates too ... well, I might set something up using an rss-to-mail gateway).

So now we just need the split-up translation files, then we could make an alpha release.

> I think we could drop LanguageEditor as it will not be used anymore.
>
> When I created GetTextExporter2 as experiment GetTextExporter existed already.
> Now we could drop old GetTextTextExporter and even rename the stable
> GetTextExporter2 to GetTextExporter.
> I think GetTextInterchange isn't used and we could drop it.
>
> /Korakurider

Could you commit these change to the etoys inbox? Thanks!

> <snip>
> BTW this commit message is too heavy !

This one was, because it was a new package. But that is rather unusual. I *really* like to see the shorter ones :)