[etoys-dev] Etoys: GetText-Richo.9.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 28 04:42:51 EDT 2010

On 28.05.2010, at 06:01, Ricardo Moran wrote:
> Yes, I found a couple of strings in english po that have different translations. I guess I should find a different way of telling if a translation wasn't found. Maybe if we make NaturalLanguageTranslator return nil when a translation is not found? I just don't want to break any existing assumptions.

This is why I suggested to use == instead of =. If a translation is found but identical, it will be = but not ==, so no further lookup would happen.

I'd suggest we simply optimize the "no translation found" case because that is very common in the "en" locale. The simplest optimization I can think of is a dictionary with all phrases from all domains, instead of iterating through all domains.