[etoys-dev] Etoys: GetText-Richo.1.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 28 05:39:19 EDT 2010

On 24.05.2010, at 08:40, Korakurider wrote:

> I think moving even core i18n classes to GetText package is overkill
> and make it difficult to apply the package to trunk image.
> I think following classes should be under original category
> (System-Localization)
>  ISOLanguageDefinition
>  Locale
>  LocaleID
>  NaturalLanguageFormTranslator
>  NaturalLangaugeTranslator
>  InternalTranslator

Coming back to this topic, I think essential methods like #translated should be moved to the system package too. Ideally, we would be able to unload GetText and still have a working system. We don't need to get this working for this release, but that should be the future plan, IMHO.

In the latest update map (update-bf.4), System is loaded before GetText, so moving methods from GetText to System should be safe.