[etoys-dev] QuickGuide title translations

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Mon May 31 05:15:21 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 28.05.2010, at 10:40, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>
>> A new version of Morphic was added to project Etoys Inbox:
>> http://source.squeak.org/etoysinbox/Morphic-KR.10.mcz

>> Name: Morphic-KR.10
>> Author: KR
>> Time: 28 May 2010, 7:39:39 pm
>> UUID: c4bb977a-6bad-dd4b-a669-d041488cc16a
>> Ancestors: Morphic-KR.9
>>
>> For SQ-562:
>> Introduce catalog for QuickGuides to translate display of index and control display order.
>>
>> + the catalog file "catalog.txt" is placed to where QG contents reside
>>    Format is like this:
>>
>>        :NavBar/Navigator                                <--- categoryName/title of category
>>        PaintBrushes/Brushes                           <--- guideName/title of guide
>>        PaintColorPalette/Color Palette
>>

>>    Order of guides in some category can be specified in this file.
>>
>>    Titles for categories and guides can be translated.
>>    The file has to be UTF8 encoded.
>>
>>    File name for each guide contents is  assumed as <guideName>.sexp.data.gz.
>>    <guideName> should be named only with ascii characters
>>    for portability among various filename encodings.
>
> That's a very good solution for translating the QuickGuide names I think!

Thanks for your comment !

> Feel free to commit to the main repository.
   I will, with changes you proposed...

> One change I would make is call it "index.txt" instead, because I think elsewhere we refer to the top page as index page.
    I wanted to call it "index" but finally named "catalog" because
there is "index page" of QuickGuides.
    I am willing to change it if you don't feel confusing :-)

>Also, I personally would prefer "|" as separator between name and title, "/" to me looks like a path separator. But maybe I'm just >too used to unix path names ;)
    I also think "|" is better than "/" as someone might want to use /
in title itself.

/Korakurider