[etoys-dev] Etoys on portableapps

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 04:38:43 EDT 2010

On Monday 11 Oct 2010 1:35:16 pm K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> 0. Stick a USB drive into the computer. Say it appears as D:\
>
> 1. Unzip Etoys into D:\PortableApps\. If Etoys.app is already in the top
> folder, move it under D:\PortableApps\
I just discovered a simplification. Create a separate directory
  \PortableApps\EtoysPortable
and then put or move Etoys.app and any existing Etoys and .etoys folders into
this directory.

> 2. In this directory, create folders App and App\AppInfo. Copy the
> attached  short appinfo.ini file to that directory. Edit its contents if
> you like.
Attached is the new simpler appinfo.ini file.
>3. Edit Etoys.ini file and append one more "..\" just before Etoys and .etoys
>entries. See attached Etoys.ini file. All projects will appear in \Etoys
>folder in the USB drive.
This step is not required. Etoys.app can be used as is without modifying any
of its files. All project files will appear in \PortableApps\EtoysPortable\Etoys
directory.

Subbu