[etoys-dev] Etoys: Multilingual-kks.15.mcz

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 07:03:59 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 13 Oct 2010 2:47:05 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I did not know about resetKnownEnvironments. Please add that to
> ReleaseBuilder.
KnownEnvironments is a list that maps lang codes to language environments. It
has to be recomputed everytime a language Environment (or language support to
an existing environment) is modified. The actual language environment is picked
from this list during locale switch.

IMHO, this should not be a global list but one which is computed at startup
based on translations available (not just in the image) and the interpreters
computed based on current charset encoding.

I have checked in two patches. Pick one which you feel is right.

The long term fix is to push the logic into VM and fallback to guesswork only
for legacy VMs.

Subbu