[etoys-dev] Background counts on Playfield and Holder?

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Sep 8 03:03:24 EDT 2010

On Sep 8, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Cherry Withers wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Just noticed that drawing the background on these objects increases the collection count to 1.
> It also considers the sketched background as another object within the Playfield or Holder.
> Just wondering what the the reasoning behind for this.

When you draw something, it is always a new object. When you get the halo for the newly painted object, open the menu icon. You can see there, that the option "be locked" is clicked by default. So you cannot pick it up etc. But if you change this option, you can drag it around just like any other object you have painted.
I tried this yesterday when I worked on the UserInterface chapter about the world, because this behaves the same way. I wrote a short sentence in 3.1.2.

Rita