[etoys-dev] Booksprint for this week

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Sep 8 03:20:16 EDT 2010

On Sep 8, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:

> I'll try and work on Speech Bubbles and then "Create your own Quick guides" sections some time this week.

It would be great if you could do the new GSoC items! While looking at the actual structure of our chapters and thinking where this would belong, I realized, that we might get into problems. We already have objects which are in more than one place (supplies bin, object catalog basic). My suggestion is to change the order in the objects chapter and just list all objects alphabetically. This would remove all subchapters (like 5.2 supplies bin), but would it make much more easier to maintain the manual if we change the categories in later versions. It is less likely that we change the names of object :) Of course, we should add a note where to find this object to each object description.

Stephen, where do you think the "create your own Quick Guides" would belong? I don't think it is part of the manual. But it would be great to have it! I think we should put together a newsletter when the new release will be announced, and that can be one of the articles.

Greetings,
Rita