[etoys-dev] Patches for etoysinbox

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Sep 11 07:01:04 EDT 2010

On 11.09.2010, at 12:50, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How does one submit a specific patch to /etoysinbox without loading all the
> stuff in it? When I update to /etoys trunk and make changes, only my changes
> show up in MC. But I don't have save permissions to /etoys. If I switch the
> repo to etoysinbox then a whole bunch of patches crop up :-(. I seem to be
> missing some step here.

The step you're missing is that you need to always compare your changes to the etoys repository (where it will end up if accepted), but submit to the etoysinbox repository.

Monticello always works on snapshots of the full package, not on changesets. But the inbox repo is empty so when comparing your snapshot to the inbox, it shows you *all* methods.

However, a few days ago I changed MC to show you the list of methods that are changed compared to the package's ancestor right in the save dialog. That shows the right thing even when submitting to the inbox (as long as the parent of this version is in the etoys repo).

Does that make sense?